28 September, 2015
CORN PALAK PULAV/CORN SPINACH PULAV
Palak/ Spinach is one of the wonderful green leafy vegetables which contains Iron and other nutrients, recognised for its wholesome nutritional, anti-oxidants and anti cancer composition. It has many health promotional and disease prevention properties. Spinach leaves are an excellent source of Vitamin K. Corn also has health supportive anti-oxidants. It is a good source of fiber. This is a delicious and healthy dish.
Please do check ⇒ Peas-Cashew yakhani Pulav, Kaayiganji, Raw mango rice, Sweet corn rice, Crushed corn rice, Bread-Anaar rice, Pineapple fried rice, Vegetable fried rice, Vangi bath, Kosanna, Broccoli-Beetroot rice , coriander leaves pulav
- Rice ..sona masoori/jeera samba/basmati – 1 1/2 cups
- Black pepper corns – 6 to 8
- Cinnamon – 1’’ piece
- Cloves -2 to 4
- Green cardamom – 2
- Ginger – green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Onions (Chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Spinach(palak) leaves chopped – 2 cups
- Sweet corn kernels – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the rice and keep aside
- Boil 3 cups of water
- Powder together Peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves n cardamom
- Heat oil in a cooker add powdered spices sauté for a minute, add onion and fry for sometime
- Then add the ginger-chilli paste, spinach leaves, coriander leaves, corn kernels and turmeric powder and stir well
- Add the rice … combine everything well… add water n salt …pressure cook for 1 whistle.