9 October, 2015
PALAK SASIVE/ SPINACH RAITHA
Mustard seed is called as ”sasive” in Kannada. Ground mustard seeds tastes different. In this dish mustard seed is the key ingredient. It is actually an accompaniment eaten with Huli anna (sambar rice), saaru anna (rasam rice) etc . But it can be eaten directly mixed with white rice, tastes awesome.
- Palak/spinach chopped – 1 cup
- Grated fresh coconut – 11/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilli/red chilli – 1 big or 2 small
- Thick curds – 1/2 to 1 cup
- salt as required
- Cook chopped palak in 11/2 tbsp of water for 5 minutes & let it cool completely
- Grind together coconut, chilli, mustard seeds & salt with 1 or 2 tbsp of water
- Combine combine Palak & ground paste well
- Add curds …mix well and serve.