19 November, 2015
APPLE CAKE ( LOW CALORIE )
Generally cakes are considered as high calorie food. But here in this method, I have used wheat flour also with maida. The quantity of butter & sugar is also less. The apple ( of less sweet ) & double toned milk (cream less) definitely enhances the taste but it won’t add to high calorie.
So when compared to 1 piece of regular cake, this cake is very less in calories.
It came out very nicely without any hassle and its the yummiest !!
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Maida/all purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1&1/2 tsp
- Soda bicarbonate – 1/2 tsp ( I used ENO (regular) fruit salt – 1tsp )
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 150 gms
- Apple Puree (sweet less ) – 1&1/2 cup
- Double toned milk (without cream) – 1 cup
- Grease and dust 1 kg capacity baking tin and keep aside
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree celsius
- Sieve together flours, baking powder, soda bicarbonate ( if you are using ), Cinnamon powder and sugar
- Put the milk, apple puree and melted butter in a mixie jar and run it for 1 or 2 minutes to get it properly mixed
- Slowly add this liquid into the sieved flours mixture and beat softly without forming lumps
- If you find the batter very thick , you can add little more double toned milk
- If you are using ENO salt add it now and mix well
- Transfer the batter into the greased tin
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for 30 – 40 minutes or the tester comes out clean.