23 November, 2015
BEETROOT PALYA / SOOKHA SUBJI
Beetroot provide many health benefits. Eating beetroot help lower & increase blood flow, anemia, indigestion, constipationand many many more health benefits. Beetroot greens strengthens our immune system. Also said that beetroot juice can improve athletic performance. Beetroot contains a lot of Iron and Iron helps in the formation of haemoglutinin, the part of the blood that helps transport oxygen and nutrients to various parts of the body.We can include Beetroot in our food in the form salad. Here is a type of subji made using beetroot.
- Beetroot (chopped) – 1 cup
- oil – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- curry leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Grated fresh coconut – 1 &1/2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Cook chopped beetroot till soft
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, curry leaves and cooked beetroot
- fry for a minute or two
- Add chilli flakes and salt, mix properly
- Finally add coconut and combine everything well
- Serve with rice, roti, poori, paratha, chapati, rotti etc.