18 August, 2016
FRESH DATES / HASI KHARJURA MILK SHAKE
There are lots of fresh dates in the market right now. They are very crunchy to eat & I wanted to try milk shake using that. They are very sweet ones so I have not added any sugar or honey etc. Just thought of a procedure…using few ingredients in my mind and did exactly like that and… the outcome is awesome. We loved it. Here is the recipe of fresh dates milk shake.
- Fresh dates – 16 nos.,
- Almonds – 16 nos.,
- Poppy seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Saffron strands – 1/8 tsp
- Milk – 4 cups
- Wash, wipe and chop the dates
- Soak almonds in hot water for 10 minutes, then peel the skin
- Add dates, almonds, poppy seeds and saffron strands into the mixie/blender jar, add 1 cup of milk and make a fine paste
- Take out the ground paste and add it to the remaining milk & mix everything well
- Its ready to serve.
NOTE : I used chilled milk, so served immediately otherwise we can refrigerate it for few minutes… but it also tastes good if served at room temperature