13 December, 2016
A chocolate flavored semolina bath or sooji halwa or choco bath … as in…. Kesari bath…. is the yummiest sweet which I recently learnt from a TV cookery show. Any dish with chocolate flavour is our favourite! So obviously I wanted to try it as soon as possible and here is the outcome.
It is made exactly how we make our own regular sooji halwa / kesaribath/ rava kesari / semolina/rava sheera etc but the only difference is it is with Choco flavour & also with the goodness of Almonds & Walnuts. Let us see the recipe now which I have explained with step by step pictures.
- Semolina/Sooji/Rave – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
- Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – 1/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Mix together milk, water and cocoa powder in a container heat it and bring it to boil … and add choco chips, stir once and remove from the fire
- Heat 1&1/2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add Chopped almonds & Walnuts, stir once and add semolina/sooji… saute till raw smell goes and it becomes light brown in colour
- Add boiled cocoa-water-milk mixture and stir well and add sugar… continue stirring till it becomes thick… now add remaining 1/2 tbsp ghee…then remove from the fire when it leaves the edges
- Serve hot garnished with almonds & walnuts