13 April, 2017
POMEGRANATE/ANAAR/DALIMBE SALT LASSI
The pomegranate is a shrub that produces a red fruit, categorized as a berry. Pomegranate are loaded with important nutrients. Its a fruit that contains hundreds of edible seeds called Arils. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and most importantly bio-active plant compounds with powerful medicinal properties. Consuming pomegranate benefits our health & skin in many ways. Today I tried making Salt lassi using pomegranate and… it turned out to be soothing, energizing and refreshing drink very much suitable for the current weather. I did not use any extra sweetener as the pomegranate itself was very sweet, but you may add a little sugar/honey, if it tastes sour.
I have used everything ( pomegranate seeds, curd, milk, water ) chilled, so did not use ice cubes, but you can replace water with ice cubes.
- Pomegranate seeds – 1&1/2 cups
- Thick curd – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup (you can use more or less depending on the sourness of pomegranate seeds and the curd)
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- water – to get the desired consistency
- Except milk, put everything together in a blender/mixie jar and blend it till done
- Now add in milk and blend it again for a second to get it mixed well
- Chilled pomegranate Lassi is ready to serve