22 January, 2018
HESARUBELE PAYASA……. authentic/original green gram lentil/moong dal payasa
Above in the heading I have written as authentic/original, that’s because in this particular payasa recipe, originally we don’t use either ghee, coconut or any kind of dry fruits & nuts, like we do in other payasa/kheer recipe, rather it is being made using only three ingredients ie… lentil, jaggery &milk. But now a days everyone is changing its originality by adding everything/anything. May be, that might also tastes nice but this is how it is originally/basically made. And we all at home like it particularly this way only.
During winter we tend to eat so many things/dishes which warms up our body to bear the cold weather. But too much heat is also not good, so to balance the body warmth very often we prepare this payasa. The below mentioned quantity of ingredients and the consistency is perfect for the recipe, but you can always increase/decrease the quantity of jaggery & milk according to need/taste.
Please do click here for some other payasa recipes appe payasa , apple-almond kheer , gasagase/poppy seeds payasa , avalakki/rice flakes payasa , sabbakki/sago payasa , rice-bengal gram payasa , bengal gram payasa , batavi payasa
- Green gram lentil/moong dal/hesarubele – 1 cup
- Water – 4 cups + 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Boil 4 cups of water, add in rinsed lentil/moong dal/hesarubele and cook till soft
- Heat and dissolve jaggery in 1/2 cup of water, pass it through the strainer to remove the impurities and keep it ready
- Once the lentil/dal/bele is cooked, add in strained jaggery water and allow it to boil again
- Add in cardamom powder, mix well and remove from the fire
- Now add in 1 cup of warm or cool (just cool not chilled) milk , combine and serve if you are serving it immediately, otherwise add milk at the time of serving