24 August, 2016
ALMOND / BADAM LADDOO / BADAMI UNDE
Simple laddoo / unde made with very few ingredients and a healthy choice too. In this laddoo we can peel the skin of almonds also, but I didn’t feel like peeling so much nutrition, so made along with the skin. So… It can also be done by peeling the skin. As we soak almonds in boiled water, peeling becomes very easy. This laddoo is quick to make & tastes delicious. Here is my method of making almond laddoo/ unde.
- Almond – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cloves – 4 nos.,
- cardamom powder – 2 nos.,
- Enough water to soak the almond
- Boil the water and soak all the almonds in it for 10 to 15 minutes
- In a small mixie jar powder together Sugar, cloves & cardamom & keep it aside
- Drain all the water and peel the skin ( I did not do ) and crush / grind it coarsely in the mixie
- Heat ghee in a pan , add crushed almond and fry it for 5 – 6 minutes or till nice aroma comes or raw smell goes on a medium flame
- Now add powdered sugar mix and combine everything well for 1 or 2 minutes
- Remove from the fire and let it become warm, then make laddoo and garnish with almond or Pista or Cashew or saffron strand.